Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gratuitous Cat Pictures



La Bellette Rouge has asked for some cat photos. Well, I could link to some past blog posts (and probably will anyway), but it would be more fun to post some pictures of my little darlings. This one is the original post, then there's this one and let's not forget this!


This one is Ghost, who is ancient (18):




This one is Smudge. He's 9, not young but still going strong:




In looking through previous cat posts, I realized that it's been about a month since Smudge injured his tail. Ghost's surgery was in March. It's been a big year for vet bills!


I've had cats as long as I can remember, starting with the Jinx dynasty of my childhood. Several orange tomcats in a row, all with the same name. Then, the "blue" series, which actually means the animal is gray. I started with with Anastasia, then Oz, Ghost, Troubles, and Smudge. Smudge, though mostly white, has gray accents on his head and was almost named Mikhail Gorbachev as a result.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

Oh, I like the name Smudge much better! You probably would have ended up nicknaming him Mickey anyway. You know I'm a cat lover too! Both my mother and my ex didn't believe in pets so I didn't get my first cat until about a dozen years ago. Now I can't imagine life without them!

La Belette Rouge said...

Thank you so much. So sweet of you to post kitty pictures for me. Your kitties are beautiful!!!! I so miss mine. Life is just not the same without cats.

I know about vet bills. One of my kitties was diabetic and the other had cardio myopathy. It is a lot of expense but they are worth every pennie.

Hope they are doing well and that you can stay away from the vet for a very long time.

materfamilias said...

I'm not even a cat lover, but we've had one for the last 25 or so years (not the same one!). Our first, Buttons, a wee black fuzzy girl, was a very good mouser, thank goodness, 'cause we got her in response to a minor (is any mouse-in-the-house ever minor?) investation. She lived to be 18. And our current feline is a hand-me-down or inherited cat that my daughter and her then-bf, now husband, left with us when they moved into a no-pets apartment. Aggie's still here, 8 years later, even though the young'uns have been in a place that allows pets for years. Hmmm, maybe I'm more of a cat-lover than I thought . . .
Although my list is nowhere near a match for yours.