Saturday, February 25, 2017

Loes Hines V Neck Tunic View B


This one is an experiment that turned out ok. I was looking for a new knit top pattern and found this one among my Loes Hinse collection. With a center front, center back, and 2-piece raglan sleeves, the pattern offers lots of fitting opportunities.


The fabric is an old Emma One Sock stretch velvet that's been in the stash for a time.

In spite of the rolling edges that are typical of stretch velvet, it wasn't hard to sew and turned out well. I used a combination of Medium and Large sizes which is my usual. I'll be making more from this pattern in the future! I think it would adapt to many types of knit fabric.

Like many of the Loes Hinse patterns, this design is a classic that has stood the test of time.

5 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

You achieved a great fit#

Faye Lewis said...

You achieved a great fit#

Patricia said...

Lovely fabric and it looks like a really good pattern. Great sew!

NancyDaQ said...

Thanks to both of you! I'm glad you liked it, especially since it's basically a "wearable muslin."

Faye, I usually combine sizes to get a better fit. This one is medium through the neck and shoulders and large for the rest. I think I hemmed it a little shorter as well

Martha said...

How pretty!