Saturday, January 12, 2008

We Have a Winner (or Two)!

I've had 7 replies to my first post on the fancy dress project, and the Givenchy and Guy Laroche dresses are tied for favorites. So here's what I'm thinking I'll do. The Givenchy for the wedding and reception, and the Laroche for the trip. We're bound to have something else to go to during the trip. Also, it would be a great dress for my birthday in June!

I still want to make the Issey so I'm putting it as 3rd choice. If I can fit it into my schedule, then I'll make it too. Always nice to have a fabulous dress in reserve, right?

I saw my friend Leslie at ASG on Thursday and let her know that I needed her to serve as a consultant on both dresses. The woman sews like a couturier and is obsessive about fitting. Although I'm making the dresses myself, it will be a lot simpler if she could work with me on making the fit perfect.

4 comments:

Raesha D said...

I can't wait to see them! I know they will both be beautiful:)

Anonymous said...

Having ASG friends to help with fitting is the best. Cannot wait to see the finished garments and to read about your progress.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Nan - this is totally off topic but I LOVE the new pic of you! And its nice to see your smiling face!

Linda L said...

Sorry it has been a while since I visited your blog. My first thought was Wow, what a great new photo of you. You look so happy and vibrant. Like Carolyn said, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand!