Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sewing for Mary Bridge

I did some charitable sewing recently for a project Rhonda Buss is putting together. She kindly featured my contribution on her blog recently. Here are some pictures that I took while packing up the pillowcases. Most of the fabrics are either leftovers from previous projects (see if you recognize any!). I supplemented them with fabrics from the stash. 

Face it, most of us have too much fabric anyway so this was an excellent opportunity to cull out some fabrics that were unlikely to be sewn up anytime soon. I estimate I used up around 17 yards for all of these.

This is the second time I've made pillowcases for charity. The last time was a service project for the ASG Conference that was held in Albuquerque a few years ago.

Rhonda still needs a few more pillowcases to reach her goal, so if you'd like a quick and easy sewing project for a good cause, consider making a few. Here's a link to more information.


theresa said...

Some lovely pillowcases and some great fabric. Really like the one with ancient pueblo pottery designs in black and white. I'm going to have to look for that one if it's still around.

Theresa in Tucson

NancyDaQ said...

theresa, it is!

It's a cotton by Windham from the Painted Desert collection. I bought it locally at Nob Hill Fabrics, but I also found it here:

They have it in two colorways, the one you saw here and the other with the circles in red and the background in tan. They also have the animal pattern on the left of the same photo in two colorways.

RhondaBuss said...

Thanks again Nancy:) I think that we will go over 900 without a problem. It'll be interesting to see where the final number stands.
BTW, I did get some of that wonderful Dia de Los Muertos toile fabric but in blue. I love it.

theresa said...

Nancy, the fabric is still out there and I found some in both colorways. Thanks so much. I've busted my anti-stash vow but for this fabric, it's worth it.

Theresa in Tucson