Just in time for Halloween!
It took a while for the final steps. I do most of my sewing on the weekend, but DH and I had some other activities lately that took me away from the Sewing Cave. Plus, I was running low on the thread I used for this project and needed to restock. Isn't that often the way it goes?
Ultimately, I decided to go basic with the buttons. I decided on some simple pearlized plastic buttons that I had on hand. There are six in all. Buttonhole placement was a breeze, thanks to a new-to-me tool that I recently purchased from an estate sale. It's a Sim-Flex:
I can't believe I didn't acquire one of these long ago! It's so easy to use by simply expanding it. No measuring required, so it's easy to change your mind.
I used little Audrey for the buttonholes since my Bernina doesn't have an automatic buttonhole function. Go figure!
I really love this pattern, so I anticipate making at least one more even though it's fairly distinctive. Here are a couple more shots from the side
and the back.