In the meantime, here's a maxi skirt I made from pre ruffled fabric:
I bought a yard of it in February when I was last in Santa Fe, thinking "oh yeah, cute stuff. I'll be easy to make something out of this. I've seen it all over the internet." I decided that a one seamed Tube Skirt would be quick and simple to make, and I would use the entire piece of fabric.
Well, this stuff is wiggly, and it was very hard to match up the edges of the ruffles in a satisfactory way. My bright idea was to tape down the edges with Scotch tape, which worked brilliantly except it didn't want to release from the fabric. I spent a Saturday afternoon watching the movie "Witches of Eastwick" while attempting to peel the tape off. Frustrating--not the movie, the tape! Then I realized that a quick trip through the washer would release the adhesive--much better. After all that, the skirt air-dried very quickly and I attached some elastic to the upper edge by machine. Ta Da!! A sort-of easy skirt. I'm just happy I wasn't trying to make something with more than one seam allowance.
I also had a request for a picture of the reworked Suede Says peasant top, which I forgot to post because I've been wearing it a lot. It's now a favorite, and I think there may be more of these in my future.