At any rate, here are my spoils from our Saturday expedition. The first two selections are from Fishman's:
Cotton by Michael Miller. Love this design!
Cotton batiste. Ann spotted this one and I couldn't resist those colors!
I also bought some chartruese cross-weave silk dupioni for the long-delayed vestment project, but that's nothing new. On to Vogue Fabrics:
Wool and cotton blend challis-type
Wool gauze, an Anna Sui print. Yes, safety pins!
Cotton retro-style print. Louise Cutting brought this fabric (in pink) around to the sewing expeditions a few years ago.
So what am I going to make with this? As usual, I don't buy for a particular project but I do keep a general idea in mind.
- The Italian print is crying out to be a shirt of some kind.
- The floral batiste will likely be a little summer blouse or tank top.
- Same with the green, gray and white bow print.
- The scribble print could be a shirt-jacket or even a skirt. The weight would be fine either way.
- The wool gauze safety pin print will probably be a TSW Now Shirt.