- My SIL and her husband (BIL?) came out for the weekend before Halloween for our second reception. Since the wedding was in Las Vegas, we held another one for our friends here. Fun, but a lot of work and time even with it being catered.
- DH was home for that week on vacation. It was helpful at times, but often, not so much. Example: "Sure, honey. It would be great to take the old computers to the salvage place. The old stuff is in the garage." I get on the phone for a personal conversation. He then has to know details of which items right that minute! I mean, isn't the salvage place open all day? I tell you, it's a retirement preview, and it wasn't pretty.
- Still working on the job search, focusing on the feds. Oy, their application process is difficult! I keep telling myself it's part of the weed out process and ultimately, it's going to help me. Why federal? That's where a lot of our local economy is right now. I realize that I should be networking with my contacts in the banking industry but I'm having a lot of misgivings about returning to that field.
- I'm doing a lot of community activities. I'm working with a couple of local boards and serving on the vestry at my church. It adds up; any additional commitments will be limited in scope because I don't see myself doing any additional "management"-type of activities right now.
- I'm exercising 4-5 days a week. Usually it works out to 2-3 sessions of upper body weights a week at Snap Fitness, the nearby "quick gym". It's in easy walking diestance, and not overcrowded like the full-service gym I used to belong to. The other sessions are at home. The personal trainer I met with (part of Snap's dues) is not a fan of weight machines, so I'm doing my leg work around the house--lunges, squats, etc. Yeah, I think it's odd that he didn't promote what the gym provides, but whatever. I'm feeling the burn.
- Rosetta Stone. This one's been on the back burner for a few weeks, but I'm learning a little Spanish. After all, I'm in New Mexico, people!
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Postings have been light since completing the last version of the Urban Pants. A lot has been happening behind the scenes: