More progress on the skirt. Last night I trimmed the excess lining from the skirt waist, then attached the waistband/casing. All done except elastic and finishing, which I'll do tonight (fingers crossed).
I must say, I'm quite impressed with the the #10 Bernina edgestitch foot that I used to sew the casing! I purchased one at the class Linda Lee gave at Ann Silva's in February, and I'm so happy I did. It makes stitching in the ditch easy, and the stitching is incredibly accurate.
Also, the Zappo's box came! Both pairs were cute. However, the thongs had too much bling--extremely large rhinestones that are just too much for the dress. The strappy sandals are also trimmed with rhinestones but they're small, more accent than feature.