Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The BIG Project: Vogue 2637 is Finished!

Yes, it really is! The above picture shows the front on Ms. Acme, while the picture below shows the back:


I realize it's kind of poorly arranged, especially in the back. But I was very thrilled to have it done so I wanted to document it for posterity--or at least this blog.

I also started on the lower band of the My Hearts a Flutter shell this evening. I cut out the silk organza underlining, machine basted it to the silk twill, finished the edge on the serger, and pressed up the hem. Underlining was definitely the way to go--it looks rich. The silk twill would have been too soft and floppy without it. I want to look at the guide sheet before going any further, so I've stopped for the evening and will resume tomorrow.

1 comment:

LindaC said...

Congratulations on your progress. I've been following along and can't wait to see the end result. It promises to be fabulous.