Wednesday night I made it into the sewing room and attached the lining to the skirt at the waist, a basting seam that I need to remove now that the vent lining has been attached.
Yes indeed, I got it done tonight. Although Easy Guide to Sewing Linings provides instructions for machine sewing, I prefer to hand sew the lining to the vent. I just feel like I get better control of the fabric that way.
What's strange is that the lining is too long even though I cut the lining piece shorter than the skirt fabric. No big deal really, it's easy enough to fix. But I know I cut the china silk correctly so it's just weirdness at this point.
I've already told DF that I'll be sewing this weekend. I'm hoping for a lot of progress--fingers crossed.