I've been working very incrementally since the last post. Yesterday was my birthday, so I didn't get a whole lot done last evening. Not that we really did anything, but we did have a chance to enjoy our new chaise lounges in the back yard.
DF had this cute arrangement delivered to my office, in honor of "my last single birthday." Awww...
And my friend F gave me a gift bag full of goodies, including this tray. How could you not like a tray for chocolate! It's now accessorizing my sewing room:
And today, my office gave me a shower at work, so I haven't done anything yet this evening. This cake was the feature of the party:
But here's where I am on the wedding ensemble. I sewed the center back and side seams of the skirt lining, and I've also pressed open the vent extensions. I realize it doesn't sound like much, but that means I'm just about ready to finish attaching the lining to the skirt. Then, the waistband and it's done!
I also pinned the shoulder seams of the shell together, tried it on, and marked the bust. Hallelujah, the motifs are above the bust points!! I thought they probably would be, but I've been known to be wrong before. That means I can start working on the upper half of the ensemble as well. Hopefully, things will move quickly from here.
And then I can whip a few things together for the honeymoon....hahahahaha!!