I've spent most of the day in the sewing room (aka the "Girl Cave" per DF), working on various projects.
Vogue 8241: I started prototyping the wedding dress, about time since I have only 2 months to get this puppy made! I'm using some blue floral poly charmeuse for this, since the drape is similar. For some reason, I had 6 yards of this stuff in the stash!! Anyway, I made up a sample of the bodice and wasn't too thrilled with the appearance even after altering the pattern for my bustline. Then I the got idea of using My Hearts a Flutter instead, since the lines are somewhat similar. So I made another sample bodice from that pattern. Only a little tweaking was needed and I'm much happier now. Next, I'll make the skirt portion, join it to the bodice and see how it looks all put together.
Hotpatterns Bossa Nova Skirt: next, I cut this out of a large scale black and white floral I recently bought at Hancock Fabrics. FYI, this is a free download that you can get at the Fabric.com website. It's a simple 8-gore skirt that should go together quickly, even with the addition of a lining. The fabric is fairly substantial, but you know white always has a little bit of show-through. Now it's all ready to be sewn up.
TSW Mixit Tank: Linda just posted a double layer version of this top over at the Sewing Workshop site, so I was inspired to give it a try. Ready to go whenever I decide to make a tank top.
Alterations: I had a couple of rayon skirts that needed shortening and since they had flounces at the hems, I worked from the waistbands. They aren't the best looking waistbands, which I blame on working with bias cut rayon. But since they're elastic and will be covered with tops, they'll do. I also did some ripping on the TSW Trio Pants I made last summer. They're baggier than I'd like so I'm taking in the side seams. But first, a major portion of the waistband needed to come off.
That's more than enough for one day! Now I'm having a glass of wine while DF puts together dinner. It's nice having a man who cooks.