I've had the crud for a week, a combination of seasonal hay fever and an upper respiratory virus. I haven't done much outside of work for several days, but I felt well enough Saturday to get started on my newest project, the Hearts a Flutter Shell by Louise Cutting of Cutting Line Designs.
I've traced out the pattern in Medium, same as the last pattern of hers that I made, the Pure and Simple Shell. Terri K said the sizing of the two patterns was basically the same.
Today, I cut out the shell from some cotton fabric I had on hand.
The edges of the picture are more accurate. The colors in the center were washed out by the flash, which also reflected the metallic more than in real life. I had started to use this floral for a set of pillowcases for the Ronald McD project. However, I discovered I'd cut the fabric wrong about halfway through so they've basically been wadders since then. I wouldn't call this project a "wearable muslin", but it is a no-risk project since the fabric was basically a throw-away unless repurposed.
In other news: I still haven't worn any of the new sandals yet. Winter has been making its last stand but the weather is supposed to be in the low 80s in the upcoming week! Yay!