Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pondering...

I just about always go through this stage after completing a project or two. It seems that it happens especially when the seasons are starting to change. The mantra what to make, what to make, what to make is rambling through my mind, and I just can't figure out what would satisfy me during this transitional time of year.

The problem isn't that I don't have any ideas, but there are too many, all crowding each other for consideration, and none of them get done as a result. So I'm trying to keep it narrowed down to just a few candidates:

Yet another Loes Hinse Tango Skirt. I've made this pattern a bunch of times, but it's a handy one. I wore my short one today since the weather was warm and was reminded again just how much I like this pattern. I even have fabric picked out, a rayon floral of orange and blue on a black background. It will go well with an orange tweed Talbot's jacket I got on clearance, then with other things into the warmer months. DONE, see 3/14/09 post

Mimosa Pants. This pattern won't yield as much immediate satisfaction, since it's a new one for me and I'll need to muslin it. However, it does hold promise as a future Tried-N-True pattern for classic pants.

Another version of Plaza Pants. I really liked the last pair I made, so that would be an easy project.

Pure and Simple Shell. This is a new pattern by Louise Cutting, and it's a simple yet cute design. This would also require some work to get ready (tracing and muslining), but also holds the promise of becoming a TNT. And I do have a lot of short fabric lengths that would make nice tops...

Of course, The Pile of fabric still beckons but I have to admit that I'm less enamored than I was when I put it all out. Probably because most of the fabrics are wintery. Perhaps it's time to lay out a new Pile for spring and pack the old Pile away for now.

6 comments:

Little Hunting Creek said...

I put my winter pile away too. I am only sewing spring and summer pieces. I am DONE with winter. I can't decide what to make next when ever I finish projects too - we have too many to choose from.

Gigi said...

Sigh, this has been my problem for the past couple of years. I have many more ideas than I have time to execute them! It seems that every weekend I am silently screaming at myself to just "pick something"!

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. Too many choices and I can't choose anything!

Linda L said...

Must be a sewing virus as I have the same symptoms.

gwensews said...

All the beautiful fabrics and patterns can sometimes be overwhelming. When that happens to me, I grab one thing to work on and put the rest away--out of sight, out of mind.

Gorgeous Things said...

Oh how true is this! Sometimes I get project freeze from too many options.

I nominated you for a Sisterhood Award!