- someone tags you
- you post five things about yourself that you haven’t already mentioned on your blog
- you tag 5 people you’d like to know more about
My 5 things:
- I'm originally from Louisville KY, where I grew up and lived for 18 years in the South End, within walking distance of Iroquois Park. That neighborhood was pretty cool because it had been an area of luxury summer homes during the Victorian area, many of which survive to this day. Maybe this accounts for my love of historic old houses?
- I got my MBA at the University of Florida (hence the Gator Nation post)and lived in the state for many years, including Panama City, Merritt Island, and Melbourne in addition to Gainesville. I thought I'd live there for the rest of my life but my then-husband had other plans, which is why I've lived in New Mexico since 1988. He now lives in Tucson.
- My current BF is an RN, having previously been a chemical engineer before he moved out here.
- I'm a banker, working primarily with business clients. I got my current job due to my membership in ASG, believe it or not. A bunch of us get together at the Applebee's near our meeting place for the after meeting. One night almost 5 years ago, we were there and my friend Renee said that a man at the next table kept looking at me. Oh Gawd!! I thought, what's the deal? Anyway, I turned around and it was a gentleman I had worked with 10 years earlier when I was a credit analyst at the same bank. Weird coincidence, since neither of us usually went to that location very often. The rest is history.
- I have been single since 1991 and don't have any kids. My 2 siblings don't have kids either. What are the odds of that?
- Bonus answer, since I got tagged twice in one day. XH and I had our fancy honeymoon a year after our wedding, right after moving from Melbourne to Albuquerque. Since we were going to the British Virgin Islands, we had to get passports before we moved. When I told the clerk where we were moving, she exclaimed "...but you won't have your passports in time!!" Yes, friends, she didn't realize that New Mexico is a state.