Sunday, November 23, 2014

Loes Hinse Sweater Set


This pattern has been around for quite some time, but this is the first time I've made it up. I traced it out in a combination of Medium and Large, which is typical of  how I trace designs for this pattern line.


The fabric is an acrylic/rayon sweater knit that I discovered at Hancock Fabrics in the fall of 2011. It looks like wool and was easy to cut out and sew. I haven't seen any lately but it does pop up from time to time, so I'll be keeping an eye out for more.

I made both pieces of the set. Here's the shell, which has stash buster potential. It takes less than a yard of 60" wide fabric. There is a seam down the front, but that should be pretty easy to eliminate if a different look is needed.


And here's the cardigan all by itself. It also came together very easily, more so than some McVogueRick patterns that I've used in the past. 


I'll be making more versions of this pattern based on how well this effort came out.  I even have fabric for the next set picked out already!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

This came out really nice I would make another set too if I were you.

Linda T said...

That is really pretty fabric. I must keep an eye out for that acrylic/rayon combo. I'm sure it's nice and soft. It's a lovely set.

Dixie said...

What a pretty twin set! I love the print of the fabric. Great colors.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This is soooooo cute and I love your fabric choice. This pattern is in my pattern collection too and I haven't sewn it yet either. So many patterns so little time! *LOL*

Mary said...

Love this sweater set. Is it getting chilly in your area?

Coco said...

What a pretty sweater set! and such a nice pattern. I really like Loes Hinse, I'm going to take a look at this. Thks!

NancyDaQ said...

Thanks everybody, for your kind comments!

Adrienne, I'm sure this pattern will become a "tried and true". I have some stashed fabrics in mind for future makes.

Carolyn, you have so many beautiful clothes that you make from a minimum number of patterns. This one is nice though, and worth playing with. The cardigan goes together in no time.

Mary, we are in the 60's during the afternoons, but definitely cold (20's) at night and early mornings. Albuquerque has a desert climate, but a bit cooler than Tucson.

Coco, I can see you coming up with some lovely tropical versions of this. You need cardigans for the AC in Florida.