Saturday, November 29, 2014

Early Christmas


I recently had the opportunity to buy a slightly used Bernina 710, so I'm considering it an early Christmas present to myself. It has way more bells and whistles than the Activa 140 I've been using, and I'm enjoying it a lot. So far, I've made the sweater set that I recently showed you, a pair of pajama pants, and another sweater knit shell (from the Loes Hinse pattern, but it goes with this cardigan that I made a few years ago).

In addition to the machine, a lot of accessories--a table, knee lift, extra bobbins, accessory case, cover, and some feet.

I'm keeping the Activa as a back-up and class machine, while this one will mostly live in the Sewing Cave. It's portable but kind of big to be hauling around.

8 comments:

Aminat said...

Great buy I was told it's a workhorse. I love Bernina machines but I am Janome lady. Enjoy ypur new toy

Robin said...

Sweet. Lovely piece of creative machinery.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Congratulations on your new sewing machine! I'm sure you will enjoy sewing with it!

ACorgiHouse said...

Congrats! Nothing like adding to an already great stable. Enjoy! :) K

Mary said...

ohhh, nice present!

Tee said...

Congratulations! May you create lots of beautiful things!!!

Robyn said...

I see lots of fun ahead! Enjoy!

Liana said...

What a great machine! Enjoy.