Monday, February 17, 2014

Liberty Shirt with Zen Collars, In Process

I'm working on another TSW Liberty Shirt, this time (mostly) in a solid color. I had cut out a couple of collars for a TSW Zen Shirt and decided that I didn't like the accent fabric with the blue shirting I chose for the body of the shirt. I mean, hot pink and pale blue? What was I thinking?


So I set my accent collars aside, and then Martha posted her Liberty with a Zen double collar. Aha! What a genius idea. So off to the interwebs to look for a coordinating color, and I actually had a couple of candidates, when I found myself near JoAnn's. Yep, JoAnn's. Rayon poly faux linen in a great fuchsia color, and it was even on sale.



Better! The print is a little remnant of Kaffe Fassett cotton I found at Common Thread in Taos on my last trip up there. I've been trying to figure out what to do with it for awhile since it's a only a scant yard.

Here's where I am so far:


I still have the sleeves and closures left. The sleeve openings will be faced with more of the cotton print. This is the first version of this shirt that I've made out of something other than cotton and so far, I'm liking the drape of the faux linen.



1 comment:

Mary said...

This Liberty will be so pretty!