Sunday, July 21, 2013

Loes Hinse Tank and Simplicity 8863 (OOP)


I've been working on a tank top and skirt set from some stash fabric that I seem to have an endless supply of! I think this project represents the 3rd and 4th garments out of this rayon or polyester textured print!

The tank is from a favorite, the Loes Hinse Tank Group that I've made several times. The skirt is an OOP, Simplicity 8863 (circa 1994), that I'm trying out for a future project. I made the straight version shown as a photo and drawing on the pattern envelope. Skirts were so much longer in the 90's. My skirt is 7" shorter than the pattern! True, I'm 5'4'' but that's a lot.




During the rest of the summer, I'll be wearing it with tank untucked over the skirt, like this:


Then when it gets cooler or I need more coverage in cold A/C, I'll wear the tank tucked in with this matching cardi:


I've had the sweater for a while, but it's been a wardrobe orphan lately. It's nice to have something that it goes with. One of the nice things about this set is that it can be worn in a lot of ways--together,  with the matching sweater, or as separate pieces with other items from my closet.


4 comments:

gwensews said...

Those are terrific separates and will wear comfortably in your hot climate.

Patricia said...

The blue fabric is very appealing and your have made a very pretty set of separates, which also fit well with the pretty sweater. Clever you for keeping the older patterns - I so regret I threw all mine away when we moved house!

Irene said...

What a lovely and versatile outfit.

Mary said...

That is a pretty outfit. Don't you love having that much rayon though? It is hard to find.