I didn't have very much of it and the pattern is pretty busy, so the first thing I did was to eliminate the waist seam by overlapping the upper torso pieces and lower torso pieces at the seamline. Voila, that eliminated some matching. There is no shaping in the waist seam, so doing this didn't affect the fit of the garment at all.
Next, I realized I didn't have much in the way of fabric for the band, so I narrowed it and cut it lengthwise, and instead of folding at center back, I added a seam. And as a result of narrowing the band, I added 1" of "fit insurance" in the side seams. If you take away from one place, you need to add it somewhere else, right?
I lucked out and found some matching T's at Kohl's this week so I'm good to go.
I already have the next project cut and ready to be sewn-the Vogue 8795 jacket by Marcy Tilton.
I'm using a sweater knit from Gorgeous Fabrics (yes! there's a glint of metallic),
and one of the separating zippers I bought recently at Santa Fe Fabrics.
I've been playing with the blog's layout again. I think I like this one better than the last, although I have lost the "reply" feature on the comments. Stay tuned for more changes as I tweak. Hopefully Google will leave Blogger alone, because I don't want to migrate the blog and its contents. As to Reader, I am annoyed with Google but I guess I'll figure something out. Stupid Google--so much for "not being evil."