Sunday, February 24, 2013

TSW Stella Top and Eureka Skirt


So here is the project I worked on all day yesterday--a Stella Top and Eureka Skirt  from a mystery knit that's been aging in the stash. It has a cotton-y feel but I'll bet there's some poly lurking in it too.  And the color is an even darker shade of purple than in the photograph.

The skirt is a fabric hog, but it came out nice. The skirt has an attractive drape to it, and the hem dips at center front and back. The guide sheet had specific instructions on how to assemble and trim all the seams, which was helpful as both pattern pieces were trapezoids.

This is the third time I've made the top and it was an afterthought that I cut in the afternoon and finished in early evening. You see, I have a friend who is on the committee for Fiber Arts Fiesta and she's really pushing hard for entries. As a top and skirt, it fits into one of the categories.

I'm still looking for a couple of other items to enter; we'll see what I can do "for the cause."

4 comments:

Linda L said...

Very nice top and skirt.

Linda T said...

Pretty.

gwensews said...

That's a very pretty outfit. I'm curious as to what is hanging from your door. I have jewelry hanging from decorative curtain rods and doorknobs.

NancyDaQ said...

Gwen, the door decoration is actually a wind chime. I think it came from Coldwater Creek. If not there, then CostPlus World Market.