More progress today; the collar is attached.
I changed up the collar on this top mainly because I was a little short of fabric. The original collar is a cross between a Peter Pan and a mandarin (banded) style, and the pattern piece for it is very curved. It's almost a circle shape. Not enough with the pieces remaining after cutting out the main pieces. Basically my version is a strip of fabric cut crossgrain and folded. After basting fabric the neckline and playing around with various looks, I decided on a mandarin style collar with a slight gap at center front.
I am terrible with tutorials because I forget to take pictures as I go. This time was no exception. I chalked the design line I wanted onto the basted collar, then removed it, added seam allowances to each end, and trimmed off the excess. I probably should have at least traced off a pattern piece for the future, but I didn't even get around to doing that. Oh well.
I also prepared the facings so they're ready to be attached. Then I pressed up the sleeve hems. It's a nice step to take before sewing up the sleeves because it's easier to press flat pieces. Then, once the sleeves are made, you can touch up the hem crease and be good to go.