I've planned to make another Now Shirt ever since the last one I made in early 2009. I finally got started with Version 2 on Saturday afternoon. It's still in progress, but mostly done.
This one is made out of charcoal gray gauze. It's an extremely wiggly and ravelly polyester that's been in the stash since 2001. However, it worked up well in spite of all that. In retrospect, I probably should have just punted the French seams called for in the pattern instructions because they required so much handling, which made the raveling worse. Note to self: serging is a perfectly acceptable seam finish when faced with this type of fabric! Really, it's ok.
I need to pick up some buttons and more thread before proceeding with the front closures. You'd think with all the buttons I have, something would work--but no! Nothing really works for me the way I want it to. I envision this shirt as being a showcase for accessories--necklaces, scarves, etc.--so I want really plain buttons that won't compete. Worse comes to worst, I'll make covered buttons with the fabric that's left, but what I really have in mind is charcoal mother of pearl or even similar man-mades.