Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Loes Hinse Cowl Top View B


Another quick project.

Saturday, I cut out and sewed another top from the same Loes Hinse pattern I used for the gray and black chenille tunic. I used some devore knit panne velvet that I bought at JoAnn's Fabrics several years ago. It took minimal time to make and came out beautifully. I wore it to church on Sunday, and was very happy with it (although a lined jacket should be worn in the future--panne goes "velcro" on anything with texture).

I can tell that this is going to be a TNT pattern--what the heck took me so long to use it? I've only made Loes Hinse skirts until now, but now I'm looking forward to making the tops!

I'm still in the process of learning my new camera, so bear with me. The new one is another point and shoot, but has more megapixels--12.2! And best of all, it has a screen in the front of the camera so the person being photographed can see how they look. It also came with a bunch of accessories including a tripod. Now I just need to make time to learn its idiosyncracies.

2 comments:

Little Hunting Creek said...

Pretty top - I have this pattern, but have not used it yet either! Bad me - I might have to make one.

Duchesse said...

Gasp! I loooove this top. It's fluid, sophisticated, interesting, everything I long for. Woman, you are going to send me back to my ancient Singer.