Sunday, January 17, 2010

Holiday Weekend

So far, no sewing. But I did get my SUV sold! I went through CarMax and was very pleased at their professionalism and speed. Less than an hour of time over 2 trips and I left with check in hand. DF is happy too--more room for his toys and I'm giving him a commission for all the time he spent on this project for me.

With a nod to Cidell, I also made soup. My standard chicken soup is an improv--no formal recipe to speak of. I do make my own stock with a pressure cooker and freeze it, so that's my starting point. Saute an onion, carrot, celery, and some garlic in olive oil, then saute a chicken breast cut into chunks. Add a carton of frozen green chile (a uniquely New Mexican food item), add stock, add 1/2 cup-1 cup raw brown rice. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for about an hour. Adjust seasonings (salt and pepper) and serve.

Off to church soon, then more football. I hope today's games are better than yesterday's. I'd also like to fit in some sewing. I need to finish up my wool skirt but I'd also like to start on something new.

No comments: