Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Last Butterick 4194 of Summer

As I mentioned yesterday, we're 2 weeks in and things have settled down enough that I had some time to sew this weekend. I chose to make this using "known" machines, so alas, Audrey is still waiting for her turn to sew with me. However, I was looking for a simple, stress-relief project so I wanted as few unknowns as possible. Hopefully next time, girl.


I've already made several versions of this skirt so there aren't a lot of sewing details to share. The fabric is an embroidered linen blend from JoAnn's. The fabric speaks for itself so I kept the skirt simple, with no cargo pockets, etc. to distract. And due to being pastel, the fabric tends to shadow through, so I made the pockets from some beige voile that was in my stash--no show through and minimal bulk:


I don't know if I'll get much wear out of it since it's such a summertime design on the fabric, but it was a nice little project to end my summer sewing on.

5 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Wow! It's great to "see" you wearing one of your creations! Pretty skirt and it will be ready for next summer!

Shannon said...

What a pretty skirt on such a pretty lady!

Little Hunting Creek said...

So pretty! I hope it's warm enough there to wear it a couple times.

gwensews said...

It's a pretty skirt, for sure, and will be almost new again next spring.

Duchesse said...

I really like how the patten concentrates at the bottom, with the butterflys at the top!

I always chuckled at my famiy who lived in southwest FL- Nov. would come and they'd swap their pastels for dark brown and black-
"it's winter!" They liked to shift their palette even in 85 degree heat I guess.