Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The King is Dead, Long Live the King

I mentioned in a previous post that my Bernina steam generator had died and gone to appliance heaven after many years of loyal service. Last night, its replacement was waiting on the porch when I got home from work. The new steam generator is a Rowenta that I picked up on eBay. I'm very happy with the dealer. The iron came new in its factory packaging, then it was repacked with additional padding in another sturdy box, and shipped via FedEx Home. I mention this because he charges a substantial shipping fee ($19.95) that some of the previous buyers commented on. However, I'd rather pay a bit more and have it arrive in pristine condition. I still saved money over retail.


Oh honey, this baby is suh-weeet!! It did a wonderful job on its debut, nicely pressing some brown rayon challis that I'm making a new Loes Hinse Tango skirt from. I was so psyched about the freshly pressed fabric that I laid out and cut out all the pieces for the skirt last night. Cutting is not my favorite aspect of sewing!


I like the design of it, too. It has that cool moderne European look




This morning I put Rowenta to work again, and it did a lovely job freshening up a cashmere sweater so I could wear it to work. I think I have a new best friend in the sewing room.

No comments: