Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Draws to a Close

I'm not a huge fan of New Year's resolutions.

However, 2007 got a bit out of control at times. I didn't get a lot of things done that I wanted to, sewing among them. So perhaps a few would be helpful for 2008. But let's call them intentions instead--somehow, that has a more positive connotation to me.

  • At work, focus. My mentor and current boss is moving to another department in January, so I'll be working directly for our department head (his boss) for a while. He's known to be a stickler and obsessive about metrics. It will be a challenge. And then there'll be a new boss--hopefully, someone I know but it's not unknown for management to hire from out of state. So in other words, gotta bring the "A" game.
  • Sewing, more of it for starters. I spent a lot of time and money buying RTW, stash, patterns, and sewing books in 2007. Time to turn some of those sewing goodies into garments. I won't be on a fabric/pattern/book fast; however, it wouldn't hurt to be more mindful of what I'm buying. No guilt, you all may know my attitude already, but I don't believe it it. At least where sewing is concerned. I want to be more productive because it's fun and makes me happy!
  • Health and Fitness. This is an area where I actually did accomplish a lot in 2007, dropping down from 155 to 128 (goal is 125!). The fitness part was lacking though, so I'm planning on getting toned up in 2008. After all, I have that wedding to go to in August, and it would be great to look buff in my fabulous designer original!! I'll also be turning 50 in June and I would like to look really good for that.
  • Financial. Too often in 2007, I did my bills in a rush at the last minute. Not good. I have the tools so I need to make better use of them. It's not like I'm procrastinating because I'm broke, I'm procrastinating because...ummm, well, I don't really have a good reason. Sheer inertia.

I think these are good general goals for the year, and achievable. Have a happy and safe New Year everyone, and may your favorite team win (unless your team is playing the Gators, heh heh heh!)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Happy New Year. Enjoy working on your goals, it sounds like a lot of fun!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I like your intentions especially the last one...that's me...Last Minute Sally and I need to get much better at it and at saving...'cause I'm not getting any younger!