Sunday, July 8, 2007

OK, Photos!


Here's the Loes Hinse skirt I finished yesterday. I think it came out nice, and I'll definitely be using this pattern again.

These fabrics are the ones I got at Jo-Ann's on the 4th of July. Upper Left: Brocade from clearance; it was only $1.50 per yard! Upper Right: Rayon and Linen pinstripe. Lower Right: Rayon with a slight crepy texture. Lower Left: Black linen

I bought this piece of rayon challis at Hancock's on the 4th of July. It was supposed to be $2.00 per yard per the flyer. When I got home, I found out the clerk charged me $2.95. Slow, and incompetent too! I want to support this company as an alternative to Jo-Ann's, but stuff like this makes it difficult. It's not the money, but annoying nevertheless.


Note to MaryT:
Thanks for being concerned about the heat. I'm not melting though.
Fortunately, Albuquerque has missed most of the Western heat wave so far and we're at our normal (!) temperatures of high 90's to low 100's. Due to low humidity, the temps do drop off a lot once the sun goes down. We're in our monsoon season now, so thunderstorms are happening in the afternoons and evenings. They help cool us off as well.

5 comments:

carolyndh said...

Nancy,

The gore skirt is a pattern I have considered before, and after your review I am definitely buying it. I love the tango skirt--the gore skirt would be an alternative to allow for similar but different effect.

Interesting issues between Hancocks and Jo-Ann's. In Little Rock, AR I have seen this same kind of slow service you describe with Hancocks while Jo-Ann's folks try to be business savvy. In Fayetteville, AR where I live now, Hancocks is the sole proprietor of fabrics other than Wally World. They know it too. Two other semi-local Hancocks have closed their doors within the past 6 months, leaving this store the opportunity to seize almost all local brick-N-mortor fabric business. Needless to say, they do a great job with being customer-focused and helpful.

quilteddogs said...

You have been tagged. Here are the rules:
Here are the rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.
3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the skirt! I really like the print on the fabric.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Nan ~ I really like the new skirt! I am sure that it will be great to wear this summer and I can't wait to see the new top that will go with it. You also scored some interesting fabrics in the sale. Will I see them soon or do they need to spend some quality fabric in your collection? *smile*

Bonnie O. said...

Hi. Found your blog via the comment on my blog and love the stuff you make!

I was browsing through and came across this skirt you made and thought it looked familiar. I made a top out of it in the spring!

http://tresbonbabble.blogspot.com/2007/05/dinner-club.html