Monday, May 14, 2007

More Following Up...

DBF looked at my finger Sunday evening and declared that it's looking good but would take a while to completely heal. I did a little bit of sewing on samples at the workshop and noticed that the hardest thing for me to do was to use the rotary cutter. Now, this may have had something to do with the finger, the tight space in which we were working, or the blade was dull. Take your pick. I'm still armchair sewing and shopping in the meantime. Here's an assortment of items from the weekend:




The brown fabric is rayon that I found at the old Hancock's on San Mateo. The colors are too dark for summer but should be perfect for the fall. The other fabrics are cottons from the Wyoming JoAnn's that were on clearance. The border print is for a summer skirt, Mickey & Minnie and the citrus for pj pants. The vegetables and food label prints I bought in anticipation of quick gifts--napkins, placemats, chef aprons--that sort of thing. I know I don't need any more stash but I also need fabric for quick and simple projects.


The Asian charms are from Rami Kim's workshop. Maybe I got a little carried away? But they are cute and my bedroom's done in an Asian theme, so I suppose I can find something to do with them. The leather purse handles are from Rami as well--the handles are really nicely made, not items I can easily find locally, and eventually I'd like to make some bags.

Believe it or not, I really am trying to pace myself. The Fiber Arts Fiesta is next week, and I want to shop the vendors. Not that I need anything, but I'm looking forward to seeing more items that aren't generally available here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love having fun prints stashed for placemat and napkin projects. I probably make a set every 3 months or so just because they are quick and easy and I can get very creative.

Glad your finger is almost healed. You must have really done a number on it!