Friday, May 18, 2007

Hello, my name is Nancy and I'm a collector...

I was going to say shoeaholic, but that wouldn't account for the clothes, the stash, the patterns, the books, etc. So collector will have to do!





My first order of shoes came from SmartBargains yesterday, and are they nice! Dark red slingbacks, on a shapely but not too high of a heel.


I also made a quick visit to TJ Maxx on the way back from a client's yesterday. I was looking for a some shorts and casual pants, seeing as I haven't been able to sew lately. I did find one pair of nice Columbia shorts. But...I also found more shoes on clearance.






The Anne Klein slingbacks were only $20. They're made of black logo design fabric--little tone on tone "AK"s. Too bad the lion motif isn't used anymore, that was one of the coolest designs ever. Sure, they're probably from a couple of seasons ago, but I can live with that considering that this brand normally runs $80/pair. These are great shoes for the banking business, a very classic design with a reasonable heel.






The other pair is by Rampage and harder to describe. The front is strappy like a sandal, but the heel section is enclosed like a shoe. And they're flats but have a teeny little kitten heel. They cost all of $10, so it was hard to go wrong.


Another pair came from from SmartBargains this evening, like I need more shoes. Ooooh, but these are fierce:




If I wanted to be serious, I'd probably find some deep seated reason from my childhood (the orthopedic shoes my mother insisted I wear, for example). But for now, I'll just say that they're pretty and fun and buying them doesn't hurt anybody. Sooner or later, I'll have to wear "comfort shoes" but not yet!


Oh, and I did do something sewing-related last night. I hemmed a pair of pants to wear to the office. For all the procrastinating I do, you'd think alterations were a big deal. They're not, but they don't provide a lot of creative joy either.

5 comments:

MéLisa said...

I love that first pair! You know my mom is here helping me pack up my fabric stash (I think that we are 6 large Rubbermaid totes in) & we have decided that it is a genetic thing, hording (fabric, shoes, patterns, etc). We also think that it is better than buying drugs right?

Anonymous said...

I love the last two pair you showed but mostly because they are opened-toed. The first two with the pointy toes? Ouch! Hee. I just simply cannot wear that kind because my bad bad big toes start hurting just by looking at a picture.

I'm thinking hard about buying a pair of shoes with an actual heel because I haven't worn heels in like.forever and I love how they look. I wonder if I'll remember how to walk in heels without twisting my ankle? Or throwing my back out? Seriously!

Marji said...

oh fun, another source to enhance the shoe collection.
I have a shopping cart full over at zappos, but just keep hovering over the buy button....

Anonymous said...

As a very attractive man once proclaimed at a long ago cocktail party, "Interesting shoes....interesting woman."

Linda L said...

I love, love, love shoes! One can never have too many! Fortunately for me growing up my mother loved shoes as well. She truly understood that if you wear blue, then wear blue shoes, or if you wear whatever color, shoes should match. I have got to check out Smart Bargains.