Saturday, December 30, 2006

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend?






This is the view from the window of my sewing room, where I will be spending a lot of time this weekend. Due to the 2nd holiday storm in Albuquerque, it looks like I won't be leaving the house anytime soon, so this is the perfect opportunity! How's that for creating a positive spin on the situation?



I probably have at least 8 inches of snow in the yard, and that's low. The east side of town probably has twice as much. Fortunately, I had the sense to stop at the grocery before heading home from work last night and I'm stocked with goodies for the weekend. So I don't have to go anywhere till Tuesday and there's no excuse not to sew.


Here's another picture of the snow, this time in my backyard. It probably gives a little bit better idea of the depth, especially at the top of the wall. It's still coming down a little.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Hi there,

I found your blog address at the Stitches Forum, where I am also doing the SWAP. I was interested to learn that you live in Albuquerque, and that you are snowed in, whereas, we here in the land of snow have had none at all this year.

My husband and I drove to Albuquerque last fall on a road trip to the Grand Canyon. We fell in love with the area, with the old town, and with the surrounding mountains and desert, and especially enjoyed our trip to Acoma, which we would never have discovered if not for my cousin who lives in A. It's a beautiful place. I'd go back to the southwest in a heartbeat.

Good luck with your SWAP.

BettyF, Quispamsis, NB Canada