Saturday, July 2, 2016

Textile Studio Basic Top

I've been fooling around with this pattern and have already posted 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve versions. But it's summer--short sleeves come in very handy in the heat and as layering pieces.


For this round, I've been working on adjustments to eliminate shoulder pad ease. I think I've just about got it, although I'd like the sleeve cap to be higher on my shoulder. So that's the next round of adjustments.

Because I'm experimenting, I used a remnant of Kaffe Fassett rayon from Fabric.com that was left over from this Simplicity 2416 skirt that I made several years ago. I haven't been able to locate any more Kaffe rayons since then, only cottons. Since the top was a success, I now have coordinates that work together as a dress (with the addition of a sash that I also made from remnants), or with other garments.


FYI, that circle on the left front is actually lower in real life than it appears in the picture! :)

I'll definitely be playing with this pattern some more in the future since it's a quick make and a wardrobe builder.

The SewWest Closet: the shoes are B.O.C. by Born. Sunglasses by Foster Grant?

5 comments:

shams said...

Oooh, I've never seen a Kaffe Fasset rayon! What a beautiful dress, Nancy!

Martha said...

How clever you are to make a dress out of this. I will probably have to copy your idea of combining a top and a skirt to make a dress-look. Lovely cool colors too.

Unknown said...

Lovely outfit! The fabric is fantastic too --- beautiful color and design!

Carol in Denver said...

Pretty, pretty outfit!

Irene said...

Lovely outfit! The colour looks gorgeous on you.