Monday, October 26, 2015

Zen for Dia De Los Muertos, Part Two



It's done! And just in time for the upcoming Halloween and Dia de los Muertos season! As I mentioned in the last post, this is the Zen shirt from the Sewing Workshop's "Now and Zen" patterns. I've made the Now shirt a ton of times, and this my third version of the Zen shirt.

There are some cool features, such as a double collar (which I didn't change after all) a hidden buttonhole placket...


and this cool pleat in the back!


The fabric is a "quilt" cotton, and the grid pattern was challenging but fun. It'll be a lot of fun to wear!

The SewWest Closet: In addition to the Zen Shirt, I'm wearing black RTW pants by Laundry (from TJ Maxx a couple of years ago).  The velvet skull slippers are from Fergalicious (from 6 pm). The terra cotta pumpkin came from the floral department at Albertson's!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Su jacqueta es muy bonita.

Martha said...

Wow. Love this jacket. Happy Halloween.

Unknown said...

Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)
What about following each other on Instagram, Bloglovin, Twitter?.. :)

www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

Anonymous said...

I made this dress when the pattern came out. Looking at your version, I think I should revisit this pattern lol. great pattern making skills

NancyDaQ said...

Thanks! This was a lot of fun to make and wear.