Saturday, February 28, 2015

Latest Kwik Sew 2565

Yes, another one! This pattern is definitely a TNT; it's my first choice whenever I make a knit top.



Kwik Sew often offers similar versions of this T shirt it its line, so even though this particular pattern is out of print, you might be able to locate something like it. Other than the fact that I've tweaked it to suit me, I like this pattern because the sleeve is actually designed to fit at the shoulder instead of being dropped.

This version is made of "onion skin" knit that I bought from Emma One Sock years and years ago, so this project is also a stash buster!


I don't have a lot to say about construction. I've made this so many times that it almost comes together on its own. This time, I used my conventional machine for assembly throughout. My serger was only used for coverstitching the hems. No particular reason because I've used the serger quite often on previous versions.

The jeans are Not Your Daughter's Jeans and the clogs are Sofft. 


3 comments:

Summer said...

Can't beat a TNT! The top looks great! I got a few KS patterns at the BMV OOP sale and wasn't sure how they'd sew up, but after seeing that you have a kw TNT, I'll definitely plow on.

Patricia said...

Very nice! I also love the sweater! I am back to sewing with knits. Easy patterns to get my feet wet again.

Anonymous said...

You inspire me to start making skirts! Very nice!