Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Non Sewing Project for the Holidays


Tomorrow, the Albuquerque ASG Chapter is having a little get together instead of our usual meeting, we're having a cookie exchange and community service project for Comunitario Enlace. It is an organization that provides services to women and children experiencing domestic violence. 

I wanted to provide something nice but practical, so I decided to make scarves. I had a large remnant of animal print fleece from Joann's that I decided to use. I cut 6 inch wide strips across the width of the fabric, then trimmed the selvedges off each end and cut fringe. I think they came out cute:

  

I got seven out of the yardage I had. It helped to have a rotary cutter and large mat for this, but not necessary. It was easier to use shears for the fringe.

Of course, the dimensions could be changed for a wider scarf, more or less fringe, etc. Whatever you like. The result is a nice little gift. 

Now off to start figuring out what cookies to make...


No comments: