Saturday, March 30, 2013

Vogue 8795 Jacket, Complete!

All set! I finished it up today.


Much better now that it's complete, isn't it?

This jacket was a pleasure to put together, despite the exposed separating zipper. I made the jacket 2" longer due to the length of the zipper I was using. Although I added an additional 1" width to the side and arm seams, I ended up not needing most of it.


Here's a closer view of the collar and zipper. The drape is a single layer of the fabric, so that's the reverse side you're seeing, plus the selvedge edge. This photo also shows some sparkle--The fabric has silverly threads knitted in.

All in all, this was a fun project to make and I think there'll be at least one more.

12 comments:

sdBev said...

This is so gorgeous.

Mary said...

I love your version of this jacket. It matches the Santa Fe aesthetic too!

Gorgeous Things said...

Love it! And I love the zipper with it.

mandyabq said...

This jacket is beautiful Nancy! Bravo!

Linda L said...

York jacket looks great!

Dilliander said...

It looks lovely Nancy, a gorgeous jacket.

Phyllis said...

Gorgeous Nancy, really gorgeous!

Jillybejoyful said...

Really lovely results! :)

shams said...

A beautiful jacket, Nancy!

gwensews said...

Very nice. It's unusual to see an Aztec type print in soft, muted colors.

Beth said...

Love this jacket. I have the same fabric and could only vision a cape, now this puts a whole new light on the subject. Thanks for sharing

Robin said...

Love your jacket! I have the same fabric -- I'm getting ideas now that I've seen your creativity.