Sunday, December 30, 2012

McCall's 6069 View B,OOP


I missed my first deadline for the wedding on Thursday, but the second deadline of New Year's Eve isn't until Monday at 8:00 pm, when we head out for dinner. Based on progress so far, I think I'm still on target to have a new outfit. Here's where things stand as of yesterday evening:



Which is a long way from how I started the morning...




I need to finish the waistband, hem the sleeves and skirt, and add some lingerie guards. Not too much, really. Most will be done by machine.

To recap, I'm making the sleeved version of this dress.


It is coming together quickly, but the "one hour" designation is a bit of a stretch!  I do like it though and there are enough variations that I can see making it again.

7 comments:

marysews said...

Ooh, sparkly! Just right for the new year!

RhondaBuss said...

No sweat, you'll make it and.....you are going to look absolutely beautiful in this dress!
Happy New Year!

gwensews said...

That's so pretty. The belt is so perfect on that dress. You can finish in time. It is doable. Have a fabulous time!

Coco said...

so pretty and that is an awesome belt! have fun!

NancyDaQ said...

I have had the belt for a long time. I don't remember where it came from--perhaps SteinMart?

Linda L said...

I love the fabric you chose for this dress. I am a little behind in reading blogs, so I hope that you got to wear this as planned.

NancyDaQ said...

Yes, I did get to wear it for New Years! This is a wonderful pattern that I'll be making again.