Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!

I had not intended to disappear this week, but DH has been on vacation, and well, you know how that goes...I did do some sewing, one project successful and one more of a learning experience.

The successful one was a tunic from Loes Hinse's Cowl Top pattern. I've made this one before, and it's a great top to wear with skinny legged pants. This time I used some beefy rayon knit from Lucy's--too bad she's not selling fabric anymore because this is nice stuff. I'm planning on making another Cowl Top this weekend from an olive knit I unearthed the other day.

The other project was from my TNT T shirt pattern, Kwik Sew 2565. I had updated my copy of it last fall and wanted to make it up to test the fit. And the good news is, the new version fits and needs only a couple of minor tweaks. The bad news is, no wearable muslin this round. I'm not sure exactly what happened but the actual sewing was a nightmare and not something I'd want to be seen in so I trashed it. I think I'll take my serger in for a much needed tuneup before I attempt it again.

I made minor progress towards deciding what I want to sew for our upcoming trip to Puerto Rico. I pulled a couple of prints that'll go well with items already in my closet for kind of a mini capsule. More on that later.

I'm not planning any major resolutions for 2011, but I do have a theme that arose from a response to a Facebook question: More Doing, Less Planning. I do have a tendency to have analysis paralysis from time to time, so my desire is to break through that by moving forward even if I haven't fully developed the idea. Maybe this will get more projects out of my head and onto my body. Anyway, that's what I'm going with.

I hope your new year is starting out well, and don't forget to enter the last of the giveaways. Tomorrow's the last day to sign up and I'll draw on Monday.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy New Year!

I hear you about overthinking things - I have been known to suffer from that malady as well. Here's to throwing caution to the wind!

shams said...

I hadn't heard of Loes Hinse's Cowl top pattern so I went and looked it up. It looks nice!

Here's to a productive 2011. :D

Miasews said...

Your mention of the La Fonda brought back so many happy memories. Every time I visit Santa Fe I stay there in memory of all the times I went with my Mother and Father in the 1950's. We used to be able to see Native American dances in the lobby...I remember it seemed so huge to me then! Please post more and include pictures!!!