Wednesday, August 11, 2010

TSW Mixit Tank


I had some fabric left from the Easy Ageless Cool Pants, so I decided to use it to make a Mixit Tank.


Basically, I wanted to test the fit and recommended techniques. I barely had enough fabric, and only because I cut one of the armhole bindings off the true bias. Shh, I won't tell if you don't. Fortunately it worked out.

I can't say this is one of my favorites, mainly because of the fabric. The green isn't my best color, and it's a little blah. It's going to take some styling for this to look like much. However, the basics of this pattern are good and I can see it becoming a TNT.

I played around with my camera yesterday, and I think I've come up with a technique for shooting photos of myself. It involves the self-timer, a tripod, the small grill, and iPhoto. No promises, but I hope to do a photo shoot this week so you can see clothing on something other than Ms. Acme or a hanger.

1 comment:

gwensews said...

This is the perfect pattern for adding embelishments. Decorative stitching, applique, stenciling, whatever technique one wants to do. I love basics like this for that reason.