Tuesday, January 5, 2010

An Upcoming Visit by The Sewing Workshop

I recently found out that one of my favorite sewing people will be in town next month! Linda Lee is the creative mind and owner of The Sewing Workshop, an independent pattern line that I've talked about many times. Linda has a great eye for fabric and design, and I always enjoy her teaching. Since one of my "intentions" for 2010 is to take care of me, I'll be taking February 1 off to take a class from Linda, followed by another event on February 2. This is a great opportunity for me since I don't think I'll have a chance to attend one of her Getaways this year.

The all day class is called Sewing Workshop Techniques, and it's described as "an opportunity not to be missed. Linda Lee has a firm grip on sewing trends, and while she is aware of today's more relaxed fashions, she also is superb at techniques that work and work well. Learn several of her methods that will improve, indeed, perfect, your garment stitching."

The next day I'm back at work but will be back for an evening presentations called Get the Lowdown on Her Upscale Fashions. OK, it's a trunk show, but I always enjoy the opportunity to view, fondle and try on Linda's samples.

I didn't want to push it too much so I will not be taking the third class, two hands-on sessions about making the Liberty Shirt:


Although I haven't made this one yet, I have the pattern and I'm already pretty familiar with it. I'd really like to make this one as part of a suit.

I realize New Mexico is a far destination for many of you, but if you're interested, contact Ann Silva's Sewing Center for more information and to sign up for these sessions. They aren't inexpensive but they'll be worth it.

9 comments:

Little Hunting Creek said...

I'm so jealous! That sounds like fun. But Virginia is very far from NM, so I'll have to wait until she comes back heere

Lisa said...

Hi,
I looked on the class schedule for the bernina store and there isn't anything listed that you mentioned in your blog.
I found a 2 hour lecture, but that was it. What am I missing?

NancyDaQ said...

Lisa,

First, go to the newsletter link, then click on January-April Newsletter link, which will open a pdf of the newsletter. Then go to page 7. Under "February Classes" are the listings of the Technique class and the Liberty shirt class.

You are correct, the other one is a 2 hour lecture through the Sew Creative Club.

ClaireOKC said...

I love Linda's stuff. She was in Tulsa not long ago, and we had a wonderful chat.....The Tribeca had just come out and it's one of my favorite patterns. Their stuff is so totally creative. Have fun with the class - it sounds wonderful.

gwensews said...

Luck-E-You! Have a terrific time and tell us all about it!

Lisa said...

Found it Nancy! Thanks.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Good for you to plan something fun for yourself!

Meg said...

I've heard nothing but good things about her workshops. I love that shirt pattern. Have fun! I would love to be in New Mexico again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan - it's nice to read your blog again. Lucky you that you get to go to workshops like Linda's. I'm trying to get to some retreat or work shop myself.