Sunday, June 22, 2008

Butterick 4467 Update

Just a brief update to show the embellishment I used to finish off the neck closure. Pre-made ribbon roses can be purchased at fabric stores like JoAnn's and Hancock's (where this one came from). The bag I bought had 40 in assorted colors and cost $3.99. I've also seen similar roses sold as ribbon yardage.


I'm not sure what the rest of them will be used for, but that's ok. I tend to buy "on spec" vs. for a particular project anyway. I could see them being used on lingerie, children's outfits, home decor, shoe embellishments, etc. If you're a scrapbooker (which I'm not), they'd be nice accents for a girlie page (birthday party, wedding, shower, etc.)


I'll be making at least one more of these tops. I made this skirt last summer (Loes Hinse Gore Skirt Group):





I have enough fabric left over to make a top. Originally, I had a different pattern in mind but the Butterick would work well. I'm still figuring out how to do the closure. I pulled an invisible zipper but I'm also considering a morph of a different neckline that doesn't require a closure at all.

1 comment:

Linda L said...

I like that rose! Nice idea. I have the same fabric as your LH Gore Skirt. I purchased it with something else in mind and yet to make it up. Looks good as a skirt.