Friday, March 21, 2008

Time for the Spring Sleepwear, Part II

When I finished the last post, I had sewn the side seams of the long pants and was getting ready to sew the side seams in the cropped ones. In the photo below, I've decided to make the finished slits 2" long.





In the next picture, I've sewn the side seam and I'm pressing the side seam and slit at 5/8".





Using the crease just pressed as a guide, I sewed the vertical edge of the hem.





Then, I folded the hems back in place, and a slit is created.





Next, I topstitched around the edge of the slit and sewed in the hems.




Next, the finished pj's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice, very clean! It's such a pleasure to see nice work. Hadn't realized how crude work hurt the eyes. I especially like the second photo from the bottom where I can see you've pressed the vent/hem seam to the underside.