Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Analysis Paralysis

I return to work tomorrow, and in spite of having 2 extra days this weekend, I got no actual sewing done. I'm disappointed in myself, but I think a large part of the issue is analysis paralysis. See, I've been in the process of losing some weight and that's great, but I'm now unsure just what size I should make. Plus, I'm tired of summer and don't want to make summer things, but it's still hot enough that it still doesn't feel like fall. Sigh...

Sorry to whine, folks. But we've all been there, right? Now that we're back to the regular dress code at work, it should provide an incentive to cut into some of knitwear I've been stocking up on.

On the plus side, I did go to Jo Ann's and only picked up a couple of Vogues. And I had the opportunity to peruse the September fashion mags. Frankly, I was a little "meh" about the Vogue fashion spreads. Frankly, a lot of the ads held more appeal. Bazaar was much better, IMO.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day. There will be more opportunities to sew.

2 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

Oh yes, analysis paralysis - that's a good way of putting it. At least your's is due to weight loss - I went through a period where I kept gaining weight, LOL! But I hear you, it's hard to get motivated to spend a lot of time and money on sewing something that may or may not fit in the near future. When I get stuck in a sewing rut I sew always sew a skirt. It's quick and it doesn't involve a whole lot of fitting issues.

Good luck! Hopefully we'll hear some sewing news soon.

NancyDaQ said...

Oh, Sharon, you're so right. I've also had it happen the other way 'round, and it's certainly more pleasant with weight loss. I'm rediscovering clothes that have been hidden away in the closet, which is nice!!

I guess it's time for some more pj bottoms. It seems like that's always what I do when I need quick sewing fun.