Wednesday, August 8, 2007

New Look 6598 Version 1 is Complete!

I finished up the cacti top this morning before I left for work. I just had to put in that last line of topstitching around the neckline and front openings, ya know?

Anyway, here it is, in a not so great picture of me trying to figure out how to hold the camera so that I'll show up in the photo. Kind of a learning curve to this stuff!

Anyway, not bad for a first effort on what's essentially a prototype (or wearable muslin if you will). The FBA worked and I think the drape will be better in the poly fabric I'm planning to use for Version 2. The cacti fabric is essentially a quilt cotton. It's a little stiff at this point, but I expect it'll loosen up a bit with a few washings.

I really like this pattern. It's a basic that I hope will become a TNT now that I've gone through the effort of adjusting the pattern.

No comments: