After I finished serging all the sections together, I realized the skirt was going to be too sheer. and I didn't think wearing it with a slip would look too great. So I drafted and cut out a lining loosely based on Els' instructions at the Sewing Divas.
I also decided to attach the lining to the skirt at the top of the casing--in other words, there's a seam instead of the usual fold. I sewed the lining and fashion fabric right sides together, then turned and edge stitched. Lots of pressing along the way. Next, I marked the sewing line for the lower edge of the casing and sewed with fashion fabric and lining wrong sides together, leaving a space to insert the elastic between the 2 layers. Nice result with little bulk.
This is the 3rd time I've made this skirt, and it's a keeper that I'll be making again. I previously reviewed this skirt on Pattern Review last June.
With this skirt, I have a top, 2 blouses, and a jacket to make in order to complete the SWAP. Since I've given myself time, I'll have the opportunity to test out the blouse and jacket patterns before making them out of the "real" fabric.