Monday, January 22, 2007

Change is Good!

I've had this plan to re-do my "Florida Room" for a while. Well, it's really not a true Florida room, one of those glassed-in porches that are so common in older Southern homes (we call them "Arizona Rooms" out here). In reality, what I have is a sitting room/office that I've decorated with Floridiana--flamingoes, vintage bark cloth, alligators, etc.

When I bought my house a couple of years ago, it included a small room that the previous owners set up as a sitting room with a desk in the closet. I did the same thing, but I never really liked the cave-like feel of the desk. So yesterday, I finally got around to pulling the computer desk out of the garage and into the house. Then of course, I had to rearrange furniture. I felt like I was on an HGTV show!

I'm almost done with this version of the room, although I need to run over to Home Depot and purchase some bi-fold doors for the old desk, which will become storage space. I also need a couple of lamps--hopefully I can find something appropriately tropical.

No comments: