- My "theme" fabric is a multicolor poly crepe from JoAnn's fabrics. I'm planning on making a skirt and top from this, also a sash/scarf.
- Cream ribbed knit. This will be a top. The contest allows one RTW garment, which will be matching cream trousers.
- The fabric at upper left is purple poly crepe that I purchased from Fashion Fabrics Club (FFC). It will be another skirt and top. I have a coordinating sheer with metallic that may appear as another scarf later on.
- Top row center is a yummy slinky from FFC. The photo doesn't do it justice! It's a cross between blue and seafoam green. A top, of course.
- Top row right is another fabric that doesn't show well in the photo. It has a black background with little nubbies of turquoise. It actually looks great with the slinky. I got this fabric at my ASG chapter's trading post, in other words: almost free. The original source was a small clothing manufacturer in town that contracted to Coldwater Creek. Alas, Tisa is no more but we ASG mavens supported them lots whenever they had one of their periodic sales. This fabric will be one side of a reversible jacket--at least one of the garments in the SWAP has to be reversible.
- Not shown: black fabric. It doesn't photograph well and y'all know what black looks like! I have several different black fabrics that I may use for the swap. The reversible jacket will have a black side. I'm also planning a black skirt and at least one black top.
Believe it or not, I already have several items in my closet that will go with the fabrics, so the SWAP will be even more beneficial! And I hope that I can get photos in daylight as I move forward, so you can get a better idea of the colors. On my next SWAP post, I'll talk about some of the patterns I'm planning to use.