Thursday, September 23, 2010

Playing Catch Up Again

I was gone last week and just now getting caught up with various and sundry. DH and I were at his army reunion in Vegas. Yes, Las Vegas again. Next time we go out of town, I'd like to go someplace else. Please. Surely, Southwest Airlines has other places we can go. It's not that I don't like going there, I do. But I'd like some variety--San Diego is a quick flight and DH's niece lives in San Francisco. Those are my votes for next time we go away. We do have some guests in town next month: DH's best friend from the Army and my in-laws (DH's sister and her husband).

I'm in progress with a couple of sewing projects for me, another pair of TSW's Trio Pants and my TNT t-shirt pattern, Kwik Sew 2565. What I should be doing is working on a vestment project for church--the sewing will be quick but the planning is what's bogging me down.

Anyway, on to my projects...

TSW Trio Pants: I originally made a pair of these in black linen in time for the ASG Convention that was in Albuquerque last year. I made a Medium but later took out a full 2.5" of ease. After sham's praise of this pattern, I decided to re-cut the pattern as a Small--by coincidence, it measures 2.5" smaller than the Medium. Hmmm...I had some embroidered camo fabric in the stash from JoAnn's and decided it would be a fun choice. I also decided to play around with the pocket fastenings, using D-rings and grosgrain ribbon to give it an outdoor/military feel. I gave them an initial try-on this morning and I love the fit! Small is much better for me. I still have stuff to do before they're finished, but so far so good.

Kwik Sew 2565 T Shirt: This is an old workhorse of a pattern that I've made a bunch of times since buying it in the mid 2000s. Of course, it's out of print now but Kwik Sew probably carries something similar since it's a basic T. I retraced the pattern since I couldn't find the right pieces, so this one is basically a prototype to check the fit. I'm making it from a remnant of onionskin knit left over from a previous project. That project was a long sleeved T from Kwik Sew 2565. See, if you sew you can re-make all your old favorites (hahaha).

Just touching base for now, more later...

5 comments:

meredithp said...

SF definitely. Many nice fabric sources...er....souvenier shops in the Bay Area!

Never been to Vegas. Gambling does not appeal to me, but I guess there are shows...there are a lot of places I'd like to go first.

shams said...

Yeah, you should come here. :D

ali said...

I would love to have been to Vegas too many times that I want to go somewhere else! lol!

Mary said...

I can think of MANY places I'd like to go instead of Vegas. But then, I am bored by card games and don't get the glitz factor there. Come on up to Oregon-we'll go shopping!

sdBev said...

"if you sew you can re-make all your old favorites" Yes Yes, you can develope and create your own style instead of being at the mercy of designers.